Unknown Facts About Huda Affordable Housing Policy Gurgaon | Affordable Housing Policy Detailed Information


Facts About Huda Affordable Housing Policy Gurgaon

Huda Affordable Housing Policy Exclusive Information

Buying property or house in Gurgaon becomes difficult for buyers, especially for the low and middle-income group. Gurgaon has become a favourite place for real estate developers and investors. In order to support every income group, the state government has introduced an affordable housing policy. Under this policy, developers can develop more and more projects at affordable cost.

This policy is known as Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) affordable housing policy and was launched in 2013. HUDA affordable housing policy was launched by the government under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) for low and middle-income groups.

It is designed to encourage housing projects where apartments of predetermined sizes are provided at pre-determined prices. Also, within a targeted time frame for the eligible beneficiaries in the urban housing market. It is applicable in rural and urban areas like Gurgaon, Faridabad, Pinjore-Kalka, Panchkula, Sohna, Karnal, Panipat, Sonipat, and other potential towns. It also covers different sectors including sector 63A, Sector 79, Sector 108, Sector 37C, Sector 99A and many more. Under this policy sale of apartments will be carpet basis.

Size of Affordable Housing Projects:

The maximum size of the project will be 10 acres and the minimum size will be 5 acres. Apart from this, each project should have a 4% dedicated commercial area. Whether it is a 5 acres project and 10 acres project, it should have at least 2000 square feet clutch area and 2000 square feet community centre.

Ground Area:

Under HUDA affordable housing policy, 50% of maximum ground coverage is allowed. 35% in group housing projects in Gurgaon.

Affordable Housing Policy Apartment Size:

Under this policy, the government has fixed that any builder can make 301 sq. feet to 645 sq. feet for carpet area. Developers can sell their apartments according to a range of carpet area only.

Affordable Housing Flat Pricing:

The Haryana government has set the per square feet rate according to area or town. Under this policy, projects in Gurgaon, Faridabad, Panchkula, and Pinjore-Kalka, overall allocation rates have been fixed at Rs 4000 per sq. feet. The allotment rate for another high and medium town like Sohna, Karnal, Panipat, Sonipat rate have been fixed at 3600 per sq. feet and low town at Rs 3000 sq. feet. These rates are applicable for carpet area only.

There is a separate rate for balconies. Builders can charge separately for the balcony. Rates are fixed at Rs 500 per sq. feet. The area of balconies is limited to 100 sq. feet.

Payment Plan:

Under this policy, the government has fixed the payment plans. Candidates will have to pay 5% at the time of booking the apartment. After that applicant will make the next payment, which will be 20% within 15 days of the allotment.  After that 75% of the payment will be made in the instalment, which will be up to 12%. Buyers have to pay an instalment every 6 months.

If any buyers want to pay by a bank loan, then she/he can get a 90% bank loan. The remaining 10% will be paid by buyers from their own pockets.

Affordable Housing Scheme Eligibility:

According to HUDA affordable housing policy, only Indian resident can book or buy plot/ flats in any HUDA projects.

Applicant’s age should be between 18 to 70 years. If a person does not own any flat/ plot/ apartment in the HUDA colony, such people will get their first preference for buying an affordable house.


The Haryana government has taken this step to fulfil everyone’s dream of owning their own house. Many projects have already been launched within the HUDA affordable housing policy. Developers are now bringing many more projects at affordable cost. The government has launched this policy for middle- and low-income group.

Read More Articles

1- 6 common mistakes to avoid in Real Estate investing

2- 5+ Top Ready to Move Affordable Housing in Gurgaon

Post a Comment